To apply for support from the HDSI Public Service Fellowship program, please send an email to email@example.com with “Public Service Fellowship” in the subject line no later than March 1st, 2020. Emails must include:
- The name of the organization that you propose interning with. Thisorganization must be a government agency, a public sector agency, a municipality, or a registered non-profit, that either (a) applies data science to solve social challenges; or (b) advocates for responsible data science.
- A statement of purpose that addresses the following questions (500 words).
- What motivates you to want to work at this specific organization?
- What kind of proposed project or work would you hope to do with this organization?
- How does this fellowship would contribute to your personal and professional development?
- What academic and extra-curricular experiences have prepared you to do this work? Please feel free to mention academic or extracurricular activities you expect to have participated in by summer 2020.
- A one page resume
- A Harvard course transcript
- A reference letter from a faculty member, previous employer, or someone else who can attest to your interest. Please have recomenders send letter to firstname.lastname@example.org seperately from the application.
- A non-binding letter or agreement indicating interest in working with you from the organization proposed for your internship.
All materials should be submitted as PDF documents to email@example.com.
If you have questions or would like more information about the fellowship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for an HDSI Public Service Data Science Graduate Fellowship, you must be a registered, current student in good standing in one of the three eligible Master’s programs with expected graduation date in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 Application Deadline: March 1, 2020.
The HDSI will announce 2020 Fellows in mid-March, 2020.